Thursday, January 06, 2005

Happy New Year......2005

Hi everyone.......

I wish everyone a Happy New Year.

I am very happy to have 2004 behind us. It was a very "eventful" year.

2005 will hopefully be a much better year for everyone.

I have been busy after the holiday. I finally have time to work on projects for fun. And this time of year I look forward to so much to be able to do things for myself as well as others.

Knitting projects that had been pushed aside for the past several months so that I could finish making gifts, finishing orders, etc. I finally have finished a pair of socks I was making for my husband. Started a pair for myself and almost done with the first sock for this pair. I also have been working on spinning more wool for a sweater I plan to make this winter for myself. I had bought several pounds of wool for this sweater and I am more that half finished with the spinning. I hope to begin knitting this sweater within the next few weeks.

Today I signed up to participate in a sock swap and also Secret Pal 4. These swaps will be alot of fun. I have yarn from my sock yarn stash wound and ready to begin knitting socks for the sock swap. I figure if I start working on the ribbing and heal of each sock.... once I get the measurements.... it won't take long to finish the socks for this swap.

I have been busy this week with doing some reorganizing. I work on these types of projects throughout the winter when business slows down to a halt for a few months. I look forward to this time to do things for myself and family. I also work on inventory and begin preparing for the shows and farmers market season which will start later on this spring. I have already started making more soaps for inventory..... early.... prior to Christmas. So.... for that part of my business.... I am already ahead.

Yesterday.... I had great plans to visit a yarn store about 45 minutes away. I had received a card in the mail announcing a big sale. While I was getting dressed to go.... I looked at this container in our room that has some yarn for a couple of projects.... then realized.... I have some patterns and yarn I have not had a chance to use yet. Why do I really "need" to go to this sale? I realized.... it was not a real "need".... it was a "want". So.... I did not go. I really don't have the extra $$$ to go shopping anyways. Yes..... there is the credit card.... but when I use that.... along comes guilt for not paying cash and the interest paid on sale yarn.... is not really a savings.... it ends up costing more. So..... realizing that.... I knew that I needed to stay home.... away from that sale. But.... I kept thinking..... there are a few patterns I want, and there is this book that I also want..... "Best of Lopi"..... I want to get this book to make a few sweaters from the wool yarns I have spun. I will wait though.... maybe I can order this and use my Barnes and Noble membership card and one of the coupons I receive occasionally for a discount. Anyways..... I feel proud of myself that I resisted the urge of that yarn stores sale. And who wants to go out into the pouring down rain to go shopping?

So.... what did I do instead of shopping? I worked on the socks I am making for myself. I also spun more yarn for the sweater I hope to begin knitting within a few weeks. I also talked to my oldest daughter on the phone for awhile. She is still hospitalized and won't be going home until after the baby is born. She and her husband's baby is due on February 8th. Lindsey will most likely arrive a few weeks early. For now.... she is staying where she needs to be.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home