Saturday, November 13, 2004

Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful day and had to get out of the house to enjoy it.

I had made plans to take my youngest daughter out for the day to a few craft shows. These are shows I have considered participating in and wanted to check these out. One was a show I had considered and then decided to pass on it for this year since sales have been down this year.

It was fun to visit these shows and saw a few vendors I have made friends with. One was a vendor that was set up next to me at my show last weekend. She told me they have done well today and wished I had decided to do this show. There is always next year and I am happy with my decision to take the remainder of the year off from the shows to enjoy family time and the holiday season.

I also had a few nice size order emailed to me yesterday and this past week. So.... staying home from this show is just fine. I have plenty to keep me busy for awhile.

At the first show I attended there was a no kill animal shelter organization selling items to help raise money to care for the animals. They had these really cute fleece blankets for cats to sleep on. I know I could have made these myself..... but..... I knew the money went to a good cause. After all..... I have rescued 7 precious kitties this past year and know how important it is to find good homes for animals that no one else wants. So.... I did my part in helping out today to provide for homeless cats and dogs. And.... they told me what I paid is also tax deductible. That part really did not matter to me. I loved the fleece blankets I bought and know my kitties will love these also.

I did not find anything else I really needed at the first show and the second show.... nothing there either. However.... it was nice to visit these shows and get a feel for if these were shows to consider adding to next year to participate in. Maybe.... maybe not.

The next thing my daughter and I planned for today was to go visit with my son. He moved in with a few friends last week and I had bought a few more groceries to try to help out. Also my son needed to use a vacumm cleaner so I brought over the extra one we have for them to use. We had a nice visit and had a chance to get to know his friends a little better. I feel more comfortable knowing that things are working out for my son and he will be OK. I miss him.... but this is really good for him and for myself. Time to let go and see him grow up as an adult should.

I realized yesterday that with my son moved out of the house that it really is not all that bad after all. I am looking at his room and planning how I want to organize it as my "craft" room. I figure if my son is still living out of the house by the end of December.... I will then organize it as my craft room. For now.... it remains intact as is with my son's bed and most of his other belongings. But.... the end of December..... that may all change. I will be moving his other things to the basement, stored in Rubbermaid containers and move more into my new craft room. I also plan to set up an area as a sales area for customers to drop by to buy things. The more I think of these things.... this all feels much better. I really do miss my son alot though and would gladly have him back home at this very moment. But reality tells me.... he may finally have moved out for good and will come by only for visits.

Today has been such a nice day. I enjoyed getting out of the house, going to the shows, enjoying spending time with my daughter and also our visit with my son in his apartment.

My daughter has another cross country team event to attend this even which will conclude the season. The team is having a bon fire and party at another team members home. Should be a fun evening for everyone. Each team member is encouraged to invite their friends and others that may be interested in participating in cross country or track for next year. This party will allow others to see and feel how nice it is to be a part of this team. They are all very close and have such a great time together. And the team is top ranking for the region also.

This evening.... again..... it will be a quiet evening in our house tonight. I plan to work on some spinning and possibly work on a few other things while watching TV with my husband. Or.... going out to a movie or renting on would be fun also.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home